Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

Thanks giving has always been my favorite holiday.  Even when I was growing up it out ranked Christmas as my favorite.  This year we are celebrating twice.  Once on Thanksgiving with Jeff's family at our house and then again on Sunday with my family in Elk City.  We will also have a couple of Tabitha's friends from college come over for the day.  They are both from Florida, so they won't be able to get home to spend it with their families.  For one, it is her first Thanksgiving away from home.  I'll try to make each one a dish they would normally have at home.

We haven't spent the holiday with his family in at least 8 years.  I thought it was about time to do so and invited them to our house.  We'll see how it goes.  Out of the 7 siblings, I'm not sure who will be here.  One brother we haven't heard from and one's girl friend (wife?) just had a baby by C-section yesterday.  Yeah, I don't know if they are married or not, that's how distant we are from them. 

To get a head start on the two days of feasting, I started my cooking today.  Well, I haven't really cooked anything yet, but I figure if Mrs. Smith and the Jolly Green Giant can prepare things and freeze them to cook later, then so can I.  I have two pumpkin pies sitting in the freezer and a roasting pan of dressing as well.  I will get a few more things ready to freeze for later preparation and set it out next Wednesday.  Now if a magic fairy would come and clean the house, I'd be set!


Dressing

Pumpkin Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment