Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Fever?

This is my third post today.  I may  be a little bored.  Well, I did do a couple of things today. 

First, while we were in New Mexico last month I found some fleece-lined bandanas.  So what, you say.  Well, they were in the ski shop.  A lot of the snowboarders wear bandanas to keep their faces warm.  Elijah is also going through a bit of a cowboy stage.  I thought he would really like one, but I was not about to pay $15 for one.  He has an old blue one, so I decided to make one myself.  Actually two.  They turned out great and he loves them.  I love that they didn't cost me a dime!  I had the fleece and the bandana!




Next up, something to keep me a little warmer!  When I went to the ER on the same trip to New Mexico, they had to cut me out of my brand new compression/cold wear shirt.  UGH!  Anyway, it was just lying in the snowboard equipment, tattered and torn.  I was just about to throw it away when, "light bulb"!   I can't get a glove or even a mitten on over my cast.  Last night as we were walking to the Thunder game in single digit temps, my hand pulled up into my coat sleeve was not staying warm.  So with a pair of scissors, my shirt, and more fleece, I made a big cast cover!  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will work!






Oh, someone talked me into letting him play outside.

Bundled up!

No comments:

Post a Comment