Sunday, February 14, 2010

When You Can't


My "little" girl just found out that she won't be doing something that she had really wanted to do.  Through some not-so-smart decisions that she made, nothing too dramatic or serious, she's been told that she won't be doing what she had wanted to.  What I can't do at this point is comfort her.  She's mad at herself, mad at others, and just really disappointed.  What she thought was an innocent little joke, someone else didn't see it that way.  I'm hoping she will learn to think things through a little better now.  Always an issue with her.  I can't say that I don't know where that tendency in her came from.  It is rather blatant in both of her parents.  Children really do learn what the live.  Both of mine are jokesters, they both tend to act and then think, they like to have fun and make people laugh.  Not necessarily bad things, but they can be if you're not careful.  I guess we all have something to work on.

On a happier note, I think I'll take her out today for some fun.  Maybe a movie or shopping or both!  Maybejust some coffee and talk.  I'm not sure yet, but we'll have fun.  Even if I have to make her!

No comments:

Post a Comment