Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Date change

After looking at the calendar and what will be happening in the next month, I will now start my challenge on the 15th.  After all, I have all that Valentine's chocolate to consider!  Okay, not really, but it will work better with our snowboarding trip in March and it gives me a few more days to get things in order.  This is not something that I plan to impose on the family.  Elijah will still have his cheese sticks and oatmeal, and Jeff his protein bars, but when I cook dinner, it will be what I am eating for everyone.  If they want to add to it, that will be fine. 

Dairy is going to be the hard one to replace.  I, as the doctor who took care of my broken arm reminded me, am at that age where I need to supplement calcium.  I know I can get it in a pill, but there are also plenty of other non dairy sources.  Most of which I like. (I'll get a list together and post it later.)  Of course, I like food and that's what got me to this point in the first place.

So, time to put the groceries away.  By-the-way, Sunflower Markets had great looking portobello mushrooms today.  They make great replacements for burger buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment