Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 4-I Think

I didn't bother to look back to make sure, but I am pretty sure this is day 4.  I had a basketball game tonight.  It went really well.  First of all, I didn't injure anything but my thumb nail, so that's good.   Second we won.  We played against my daughter's team, this means I am playing girls that are quite literally young enough to be my daughters.  This was the least tired I have felt all season.

Well, for breakfast this morning I had leftover Chicken "Noodle " soup.  I figure that cavemen probably ate whatever they had around, so I guess I will too.  Besides, what makes that any weirder than cold pizza (besides the delicious cheese)?  For linner (lunch/dinner) I had ocean perch (wish we could get fresh fish around here) with lemon, smoked paprika and garlic, with cauliflower and salad.  on the salad and cauliflower I had a homemade dill vinaigrette.  The recipe is below.  Then after my game it was a boiled egg and coco-coconut square.The recipe for them is below as well.

Dill Vinaigrette 

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar (some say it's not paleo, some say it's fine you can replace with citrus juice)
1 tbsp honey (or 1 packet of Splenda)
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dry mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.


Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-delicious-diy-salad-dressings/#ixzz1mn71nB3l

Coco-coconut squares
1/2 cup of each of the following-2 1/2 cups total
raw almonds
raw walnuts
raw pecans
raw macadamia nuts
raw hazelnuts
raw pumpkin seeds

6-10 dates
2-4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil

to taste
cocoa powder
freshly ground coffee (very fine)
Shredded coconut

Place nuts and seeds in food processor and blend t a course meal.  Place in a bowl to the side.  Put dates and coconut in the processor.  Process until smooth.  Add nut mixture back and add coconut oil, cocoa, and coffee.  Process until it starts to form a ball.  (The amount of dates will depend on personal taste and also on how well the mixture sticks together.)  Sprinkle shredded coconut evenly in 8x8 dish and spread nut mixture over that.  Sprinkle more coconut over the top and press in to mixture.  Cut into 1 inch squares. Set in fridge to harden.  Best stored in the fridge since coconut oil melts at such a low temperature.

You can also roll the mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut, or use mini cupcake liners or candy foils and sprinkle with the coconut.  The 8x8 pan is the laziest and easiest way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment