Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Grain Granola

I posted this recipe on my gardening blog a while back, but I am in the process of making some more. I am going to try (and it will not be easy) to do a 30-day Paleo challenge. No grains, dairy, (the hard part), legumes and a few other no-no's. I'm not a huge cereal eater, but here is my substitute for the next month. Well, I actually wont start until the 10th, but I need to get some things going.

No Grain Granola

2 cups raw pecans
2 cups raw almonds
8-10 pitted dates
1 tbsp cinnamon
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 eggs (cage free or omega-3)

Process the nuts, dates, and cinnamon until they are a course meal. Stir in the coconut. Add the two eggs, slightly beaten. Stir. It will be thick and clumpy. Spread on a baking sheet with sides. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, stirring at 10 and 20 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container. Serve with your favorite milk and add fruit, fresh or dried, if you like. I will be using almond or coconut milk for the challenge.

So, if you want to know how it goes you can keep up with my progress here. Hopefully you will get 30 days worth of updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment