Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sixty-six and Counting

Sixty-six days until Tabitha goes off to college.  How am I so sure?  She is keeping count!  Can't say that I blame her.  It is a very exciting time for her and for us.  We've gone and purchased a few things so she won't have to buy so much after she leaves.  Just toiletries and items for the dorm.  She won't need to take much with her since they are fully furnished.  She will also be provided all her meals so she won't need to spend much on food.  (I'm sure she will tire of that and go on burger runs occasionally.)  They don't have much storage room, so we are trying to get things as space saving as we can.

She just ran off to softball practice.  As she was leaving, I realized, there goes one of the ball mitts.  They play several sports at college and she will need equipment and clothing for some.  She has cleats and volleyball shoes but will need shoes for basketball.  She probably needs some regular running shoes as well.  Hopefully not too much more than that.

She also will need dresses for formal occasions as well as more skirts and slacks.  No jeans are worn to classes by guys or girls.  Looks like we'll be skirt shopping this summer.  Seeing her leave with the softball mitt reminded me that I told her she could have a specific pair of shoes if she got into AC.  My favorite black dress shoes.  She is always wanting to wear them, and her big ol' feet have stretched them out anyway.  I guess that means momma needs a new pair of shoes.  Dang!

Summer is only four days old, and she only graduated a week ago, but it seems like it has been forever ago.  I'm sure this summer will pass quickly, especially if she ends up working at youth camp.  We'll just have to make the most of it.  Besides, we'll still see her at least every weekend and probably more.  What do mom's do when it 600 miles away instead of 6?  Glad I don't have to know that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment