Sunday, June 13, 2010

Under Utilized



Those two words describe my great, back deck workout space.  A few years ago my husband and I started to do Crossfit.  We were both instantly hooked.  I love it because, (well frankly, I had always hated to exercise) it is not your packaged video workout.  BOOOORING!  Unfortunately over the last year and a half both of us have had to deal with injuries that have kept us out of the game.  Today that became very evident as I played softball.  Every time I hit the ball and took off for first, I was clumsy and slow.  One time they overthrew first so I was compelled to head for second.  Another overthrow and another case of over competitiveness took over, so I headed to third.  I made it safely, but wished I could have just laid down to take nap.  Running 180 feet should not be so difficult.  It was rather pathetic.  Never have I been so glad to have a player catch a ball!

GHD machine and Tire for jumping

Pull up bars and rings

Back to the point of the post.  I have had this great workout space and rarely ever use it.  Even when we were regularly Crossfitting, I didn't use it much.  The main reason was the pull up bars.  They are made out of Galvanized metal pipe.  It is slick and difficult to maintain a grip.  When your hands get sweaty it's even worse.  Hopefully today I took care of that with $10 worth of tennis racquet grip.  I also started back on my Zone Diet.  I hope in a couple of weeks to be back into a routine with both diet and exercise.  I also hope to look good in my bathing suit by the time we head to Tobago in September!


Without the tape

Regular grip tap

"Pro" grip tape

2 comments:

  1. oh, how I've always admired your home gym!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now I guess I'd better use it for sure!

    ReplyDelete