Friday, January 22, 2010

5k

I ran a 5k yesterday!  First time I've run since last years OKC marathon.  Had a few couple of sprints here and there, but the first serious run.  It was ugly.  Worsted (I say it's a word) my worst time by over 6 minutes.  I'll not say what either was.  I guess I shouldn't complain, I mean it's been six months since I did any sort of working out and 9 since the marathon and I've been trying to recover from an injury.  My goal was to not re-injure myself-done! And to finish it-done as well!  I did almost fall once, I know, so pathetic, but I still don't have all the feeling back in my toes and that can make for awkward foot placement.  I'm also a bit of a klutz.



2009 OKC Memorial marathon

When you haven't done something in a while, you tend to forget things, some important, most just little things.  For instance, you don't like to run, you're bad and slow at running, you need to wear a different bra.....you can determine what is important and what isn't.  I did remember my iPod and glucose. 

Running right now is a bit a snowboarding preparation.  I need to get some cardio and endurance back, of course in a two week time period I'm not sure how much of that will happen.  After that I will start a little more in earnest to get ready to run the 1/2 marathon this year in OKC.  Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. OOH! I need to register! Congrats on getting back out there and kicking some 5K booty!

    ReplyDelete