Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Chilly, Chili day!

Well, I'm just waiting on the meat to brown for my chili, so thought I'd sit down and post a little. My main reason for this blog is really just to start getting some sort of structure in my day. If I can sit down a few minutes to do this, then I know I can take the time for things that are more important. So why is it we put off the important things? They are usually so essential to a happy and healthy life. So I'm going to see how this all works out. Okay so far.

We finally played our game against the freshman last night. It was fun. Most of them are new to basketball, so we were able to play a little more relaxed than we usually would have. Which turned out to be a good thing, since there were only five of us. No subs at all. The freshman on the other hand have enough players to scrimmage against themselves. They have ten. We managed to win and no one fouled out, that would have left us with only four. Playing ball has made think about missing the Tulsa Marathon. Could I have run it? I know I run much harder in basketball games, and usually end up rolling around on the floor fighting for a loose ball. I am also not shy about charging into someone to get to the basket. I don't know. I think I will run the OKC marathon regardless.

I got an email from a friend today who lives in Trinidad. She let me know it was 31 degrees there. I replied and let her know that it was 31 degrees here in Oklahoma as well, but that the water for the chickens was froze here and probably not for chickens in Trinidad. A least I hope not.

So kind of a rambling today. I think the meat is ready for chili, so I'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment